Monday, April 26, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different...

Imagine my surprise yesterday morning when I saw one of my favorite singer/songwriters on the cover of PARADE, I nearly shit. What's next? TP on the AARP magazine? How did "I Won't Back Down" become "I Won't Slow Down?" Whatever happened to "Hope I Die Before I Get Old?" I tell you what... they all got old! Now, Roger and Pete are clinging to life like a pair of pathetic old farts. Who ever expected a 60+ year-old would be doing windmills on a crimson Strat? It's crazy... but you know what? I would listen to Dylan, and Tom, and any number of old farts way before I would tune in to Justin Beiber. I like that old time rock 'n roll. You better believe it. Willie is 75 and Buddy Guy is 72, and there is no one-- and I mean no one who can hold a candle to him. He is the last of the best. Clapton and Beck are 65. No one can touch them. No one. I can't wait for Keef's autobiography to come out. But, in the meantime, I rant like some old codger talking about how it was in my day and you kids and so on...

No comments: