Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gangs in Salem, Part I

Part One of a two part article, appearing in the June issue of the Salem Monthly--out now and online.

A couple of corrections need to be mentioned: The associate editor decided to substitute "Los Angeles" for "In metropolitan areas." There is no reference to where the 18th Street Gang began (Los Angeles). And they spelled Mara Salvatrucha wrong. Oh, and the above photograph was the publisher's idea. Other than that...

Enjoy. Let me know what you think.


http://www.willamettelive.com/story/Gangs_in_Salem142.html

2 comments:

Davaudian said...

I dislike gangs and I think you should too. I do however like your award winning column. Combined with your strong graphics, you could change the world. Now, go, get busy.

mjs said...

Very good article. It was amusing to me to read a couple of the comments--some people are ready to fly off the handle without benefit of a pan!

Keep up the good work!

++++