Friday, June 26, 2009

Real Real Gone, Part 2


Rather than adding to the blather on the tragic loss of the cosmetic surgeon's nightmare and popstar pedophile, I thought I'd just throw some art together. Whatever else you or I thought of Jacko, he was a cultural icon, like the others pictured here.

top: Heath Ledger, Fat Elvis, Lon Chaney
row 2: Marilyn Manson, Michael Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor
row 3, left to right: Planet of the Apes girl, Bozo the Clown, Michelle Malkin
bottom: Bette Davis, run-of-the-mill zombie, Rob Zombie


And, this will be the only time I pilfer or in any other way display the art or likeness of Jeff Koons, whose work, to me, is a baby step above Lalique. But somehow, the subject he chose and the medium here represent a divine marriage. In this case, the medium promoted the message.

No comments: