1. Raise the debt ceiling. It is essential for the running of this country and its alleged good standing in the world. It need not--should not--have anything to do with cuts in spending or taxes or your mother-in-law. They can be dealt with later. Right now, raise the debt ceiling. And I say this to our weak-kneed, I-want-to-reach-across-the-aisle president.
2. President Obama should come out and announce he is not going to seek nor accept the nomination from his party for reelection. It worked for Lyndon Johnson. Dig in and make the next year matter more than anything.
3. Throw in congress. During the negotiations with the non-negotiating GOP scumbags, put their pay on the table. As part of the items "on the table" to reduce government spending, put congress's salaries and benefits. Fuck 'em. They have brought this on. They are holing the country hostage. Pull their bennies from under their noses. Stop reaching across the aisle and make them pay for their effete bullshit. Pull the fucking rug from out under Cantor, Boehner and McConnell. Strip them of the freebies and the fat salary. Sacrifice their sorry asses.
4. Tax the rich. They need to pay their fair share. Never mind fooling with loopholes and entitlements and the rest. Tax the rich the way you tax the middle class, which is disappearing faster than the bunny in the top hat.
5. Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are off the table. Shall I emphasize the point? Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are off the table. End of conversation. You don't place the burden on the poor and the elderly. What's next, Mr. McConnell, you're going to run them over with your Escalade?