Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I blog

I blog. I backed into the activity and sometimes I am not particularly proud of the fact that I became somewhat nerdy by participating in this endeavor. Yet I feel it is one of the most truly democratic things I can do. It is open to anyone. Even journalists. And, make no mistake-- I ain't one of those. To quote the great American, John Mellencamp,

Some people say I'm obnoxious and lazy
That I'm uneducated
And my opinipn means nothin'
But I know I'm a real good dancer
Don't need to look over my shoulder
To see what I'm after
Everybody's got their problems
Ain't no new news here
I'm the same old trouble
You've been having for years
Don't confuse the problem
With the issue, girl
It's perfectly clear
Just a human desire

I sometimes merely regurgitate what has been in the paper or on the news. As I have said, more than once, I can't make this shit up. We are living in strange, historic and truly frightening times. Occasionally, truth and good sense wins out, as in Dr. Orly Taitz being shut down mightily in the polls in California and seen for the emigré nutjob/birther conspiracist that she is. Sometimes, lunacy wins out, as in Dr. Rand Paul and/or one of my favorite targets, the conflicted former half-governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, who is both an idiot and charismatic as hell.

If you have spent any time here, I appreciate it. Honestly and truly. If you have stumbled on here as a result of a clever label, visited, read and left because, really, I am just another left of center voice crying out for reasonableness, than thank you. I hope you come back. This blogging thing is a little like NASA sending out a gold record into space, with a little speech by Nixon and Chuck Berry.

Maybe somewhere in space, there is a green Marty McFly, with a made-on-alpha centuri Gibson 335, duckwalking and singing "Johnny Be Good."

When all is said and done, I am not much different than a dog licking his balls. Why? Because I can. And I make no bones about it. I blog. It is not what I am. It's what I do, occasionally...

Dubito ergo cogito; cogito ergo sum.

I drink, therefore I am.

I am what I am.

No comments: